Fisher River Cree Nation (FRCN) is looking for interested FRCN community members to join the Fisher River Cree Nation Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors (FRED Corp.).
Interested community members are asked to submit a letter of interest with a brief description of your work experience and/or qualifications. Require two positions One Youth and One Community Member for a two-year (2) term.
Selection of qualified individuals will be determined by FRCN Leadership once submissions are complete as per Section 2.2 (t) of the FRCN Governance Code which states all boards representatives and committee members will be appointed.
Eligible Applicants must be:
- A member of the Fisher River Cree Nation;
- At least 18 years of age and over;
- Must reside On-Reserve;
- Be of good character and respected by others in the community;
- Not in default/arrears with any Band Entity or Economic Development Loan payments;
- Not a contractor of service and/or goods that will deemed as a conflict of interest;
- Adhere to the FRCN Employment Policy and pre-employment requirements
- adherent to the FRCN Drug By-law 2004-01, Sec. 8.01.
- complete a child and adult abuse registry check and criminal record check.
Duties of Board Members:
- To attend regular monthly meetings and/or special meetings as
- Act at all times in the best interest of FRCN members as a whole and promote the purpose and objectives of the Fisher River Economic Development Board.
- No members of the Fisher River Economic Development Board shall act as an individual on behalf of the Board, but will represent the Fisher River Economic Development Board in a positive and respectful manner while in public.
- Other roles and responsibilities as assigned.
If interested, please submit your letter to Marge Murdock at firstname.lastname@example.org or FRCN Administration Office.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION AUGUST 19th, 2022