Cannabis Experience Associate – Ellice
We are a brand built around industry-shifting and simultaneously approachable cannabis products. We are more than just great product and service – we are a group of forward-thinkers that deliver unexpected experiences with simple, quiet confidence.
We strive to find the magic in ‘every day’ and we bring experiences to our customers that are as comfortable in their simplicity as they are surprising in their humanity.
The Cannabis Experience Associate upholds the customer service vision, company values, and culture of the brand making the customer a priority of every interaction. This position requires a highly-motivated individual with excellent customer service and sales skills to support the daily operations of the store, packaging and shipping, sales process, accurate cash handling, inventory control, compliance, and all other necessary requirements within the provincial and federal law. This position fully supports customer experience in the form of to-go orders/order-ahead, e-commerce fulfillment, and in store sales.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Store Manager, the duties and responsibilities of the Customer Experience Associate will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with operations and opening and closing procedures during hours of operation.
- Adhere to all company-wide policies, customer service vision, company values, store processes procedures, and requirements.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, and organized work environment.
- Serve customers while ensuring you are cultivating a positive experience every time.
- Responsible for completing in-store sales, to-go/order-ahead orders, and ecommerce fulfillment.
- Comply with company cash handling policies and perform daily cash management responsibilities and compliance reporting per company policy.
- Maintain a culture of high-quality customer service and customer
- Maintain industry and product knowledge to insure an educational experience with every customer.
- Daily compliance with Canadian laws including but not limited to the following: federal/local regulation compliance, security protocols, access protocols, inventory tracking, dress code, and work schedules.
- Comply with all HR policies, including confidentiality and non-disclosure.
- Contribute to team environment and company advancement in alignment with the strategic direction set by management.
- Notify Manager about any customer or product concerns/complaints.
- Notify Manager about any operational (security, plumbing, HVAC, computers, etc.) issues.
- Regular attendance is expected and is considered an essential function; as it is necessary for the efficient operation of the business.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Effort Requirements
Interpersonal Skills: This role interacts with many internal and external customers, a high degree of personability, conscientious and ability to handle difficult situations is required.
Analytical Skills: This role is required to handle a potentially high flow of retail customers through the sales and transaction processes.
Physical Skills: This role requires the ability to lift and move boxes (up to 75 lbs) within a retail setting. This role will require extended periods of standing and walking throughout the retail store.
Mental Effort: This role requires the CEA to be proactive, organized, manage multi-priorities, problem solve, have ability to retain information for details and changes, have a high attention to detail and ability to focus, and communicate to leadership teams and team members. This role requires the CEA to act as a team player and subject matter expert to understand cannabis products, cannabis compliance, sales best practices. This is a high functioning customer service role for the organization.
- Excellent math, language, and reading skills with attention to detail
- Must be able to accurately handle cash, track inventory, and provide outstanding customer service
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others: promote a safe work environment
- Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner
- Frequently lift up to 75 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, walk, turn, pivot and stand for long periods
- Must have a high level of attention to detail and excellent problem solving
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience in Retail or Customer Service preferred
- Possess working knowledge of cannabis
- Knowledge of Canadian laws and regulations, as well as provincial laws and regulations, pertaining to cannabis
This position interfaces with internal and external contacts:
- Internal: Retail Management, IT, Human Resources, Marketing, Accounting
- External: Customers, Vendors
This role works out of a retail store. This role requires use of larger muscle groups (standing, bending, lifting, twisting) to manage product deliveries and inventory. This role requires daily attention to multiple priorities and competing demands with minimal supervision. Due to the growing nature of the position and the organization, this role may be required to perform tasks not specifically identified in the duties and responsibilities.
- Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
- Expected start date: 2021-10-04
- Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Pay: $13.00-$15.00 per hour
- Work remotely: No