Finance Clerk | Part-time
Under the direction of the General Manager and Finance Controller, the finance clerk is responsible for financial administration, bookkeeping duties, maintaining financial records and performing accounts receivable and accounts payable functions in a computerized environment. In addition, this is a permanent half time position with the possibility of becoming permanent full time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain financial records in accounts receivable and payable
• Prepare bank deposits; handle cash
• Post journal entries
• Reconcile accounts, including bank reconciliations and subledger reconciliations
• Completes and submits provincial and federal government remittances
• Prepare payroll and related journal entries
• Work with purchases orders and sales orders in regard to inventory
• Prepare monthly Financial Statements for the Controller and Manager
• Perform general office duties, such as filing, answering telephones and handling routine correspondence
• Adhere to financial, administrative and personnel policies
• Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Previous computerized bookkeeping or accounting experience at an intermediate level an asset
• Strong written and oral communication, organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work alone and with a team
• Reliable and detail oriented
• Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision, perform tasks on a timely basis
• Advanced computer skills in MS Office particularly Excel
• Training provided
Closing date for Resume: Friday, December 20, 2019 @ 4:30 pm
Compensation will be based on Qualifications.
Hiring preference will be given to Fisher River Cree Nation Members.
Applicants are asked to submit Cover Letter and Resume including 2 references clearly stating their qualifications and experience relative to the above requirements.
Also required are: Criminal Records Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check. and Child Abuse Registry Check. These checks are at the applicant’s personal cost.
Executive Assistant/Human Resource
Fisher River Economic Development Corporation Box 359
Koostatak, MB. R0C 1S0
Successful Candidate will be subject to a pre-screening drug test (as per the FRCN Drug By-law 2004-01, Sec 8.01). We thank all those who applied; however, applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.