Position Title: Front Desk Receptionist/Clerk
A motel receptionist/front desk person represents the motel as she/he is always the first point of contact in a hospitality environment. The main purpose of a motel receptionist job is to project a positive image for guest and to provide all services that are on the list of first contact services including reservations and guest services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet guests in a kind respectable manner, attend to guest’s inquiries in person/phone
- Inform guests of the services and accommodation rates in the motel, make reservations for guests according to their needs, and make sure that all cancelled reservations are addressed immediately to avoid confusion
- Build a good relationship with guests to make them feel comfortable and address any complaints they may have in a very courteous manner to protect the image of the motel.
- Keep clear and comprehensive records of guest/conference room reservations and all billings/invoices for accountability and future reference
- Maintain orderliness at the front desk by arranging documents accordingly and keeping the front desk area clean
- Attend to all routes of reservations, such as online, phone, and in person, to ensure that reservations are not left hanging but attended to promptly to keep the motel business running efficiently
- Report issues of maintenance and malfunctioning appliances to the manager for quick repair to ensure guests comfort and satisfaction
Requirements: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- A friendly and professional telephone manner
- The ability to adapt to different guests
- Patience and tact
- The ability to stay calm under pressure and multi task
- Good problem-solving skills
- Computer knowledge
- A methodical approach to your work
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to follow direction
- Professional attitude required
- Reliable – Available to work on an On-Call basis
Please submit your resume by June 24, 2022 to:
Maxine Murdock, Executive Assistant
Fisher River Economic Development Corp.
Box 359, Koostatak, MB R0C 1S0
Fax: (204) 645-4572 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Must provide with Resume and 2 references, a Criminal Record Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check, and Child Abuse Registry Check (at your own expense). FRCN Drug By-Law- Drug testing must be complete before hiring. We thank those who applied the Successful candidate selected for an interview will be contacted.