6 Month Term Position (with possible extension)
Position Title: Interim Motel Manager – Bay River Inn and Suites
Directly supervises all motel personnel and ensures proper completion of all front office duties. Directs and coordinates the activities of the front desk, reservations, guest services, and telephone areas. Prepare monthly reports and budget for front office department.
- Upholds the motel’s commitment to hospitality.
- Ensure implementation of all hotel policies and house rules.
- Trains and supervises all staff
- Participates in the selection of motel personnel.
- Develops and maintains staffing schedules
- Supervises workload during shifts.
- Evaluates the job performance of each motel employee.
- Maintains working relationships and communicates with all departments.
- Maintains master key control.
- Verifies that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
- Resolves guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Updates group information. Maintains, monitors, and prepares group requirements. Relays information to appropriate personnel.
- Works within the allocated budget for the motel.
- Checks cashiers in and out and verifies banks and deposits at the end of each shift.
- Enforces all cash-handling, check-cashing, and credit policies.
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings of motel personnel.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house daily.
- Promote motel to corporate clients, take part in marketing activities to generate sales revenue.
- Operate all aspects of Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple configuration changes.
- Prepare revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other employees.
- Monitor all V.I.P’s special guests and requests.
- Monitors and maintains inventory of all supplies.
- Review Front Office log book and guest feedback forms on a daily basis.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Minimum two-year college degree.
- Minimum one-year experience of hotel front desk, supervisory experience, experience handling cash, accounting procedures, and general administrative tasks.
- Knowledge of Hotel administration, economics, marketing, housekeeping, knowledge of computers and specific hotel related software, and food service management is an asset
Must provide with Resume a Criminal Record Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check, and Child Abuse Registry Check (at your own expense) and 3 References.
Please submit your resume by Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. to:
Maxine Murdock, Executive Assistant
Fisher River Economic Development Corp.
Box 359, Koostatak, MB R0C 1S0
Fax: (204) 645-4572 Email: email@example.com
*All successful candidates must adhere to the FRCN Drug By-law and will be pre-tested*