The Fisher River Economic Development Corporation (F.R.E.D. Corp.) invites applicants who have a keen interest in Economic Development for the position of;
Under the Direction and support of the Fisher River Economic Development Board of Directors, the Operational Manager will plan, direct and coordinate the operations of the Fisher River Economic Development by ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of the businesses under the F.R.E.D. Corp. through the provision of effective methods and strategies to enhance probability. In addition, but not limited to; Is responsible for a broad range of coordination, managerial, research and facilitation activities regarding community and economic development planning and initiatives; identifying and fostering community economic development opportunities; establishing successful joint ventures and businesses both on and off Reserve by promoting the community in order to expand economic, business development and employment opportunities.
- College degree in business administration, commerce, or management.
- Years of demonstrated work experience in the Economic Development industry will be considered.
- Must have experience working with First Nation organizations, First Nation communities and other levels of Government.
- Must have proven well-developed communication, staff/public relations and negotiating experience; must be highly self-motivated and able to work well independently or as a team member.
- Community economic & business development fundamentals.
- Local, regional and national economic development potential opportunities.
- Generally accepted accounting principles.
- Preparation of financial statements.
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Preparation of financial reports.
- An understanding of the economic, cultural and political environment.
- Understanding and knowledge of AANDC programs and other potential funders for business ventures, both on and off Reserve lands.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate.
- Ability to identify and promote community economic development projects and initiatives.
- Team building, accounting and bookkeeping skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communications skills.
- Effective negotiation, mediation, written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent Computer skills.
Please forward your resume and cover letter demonstrating how you fit the qualifications along with two (2) letters of reference from a previous employer along with Criminal Records Check, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check to:
Executive Assistant, Human Resource
Fisher River Economic Development Corp.
Fisher River Cree Nation
R0C 1S0Phone: 204-645-4505 Fax: 204-645-4572 Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: May 3, 2020 @ 4:30 pm
Successful Candidate will be subject to a pre-screening drug test (as per the FRCN Drug By-law 2004-01, Sec. 8.01).
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience. We thank all those who applied; however, applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection, Fisher River Cree Nation band members will be given priority preference in hiring.